Perfectly Pinned Up and Rims on the River have joined forces to bring you the first-ever Perfect Pinup Wilmington! Join us Saturday, May 20, 2017 from 11a-5p for a day of classic cars, hot rods, loads of vendors, music and pinup girls!
Are you interested in participating in the Pinup contest? *Simply download and complete the Perfect Pinup Wilmington Application and email it to PerfectlyPinnedUp@gmail.com! Only 10 contestants will be selected, so don’t delay! *By submitting your application, you are confirming that you have read all the rules below.
- The grand prize winner will receive a beautiful crown and sash, a gift card to Second Skin Vintage, and a photo shoot alongside the winning car of the day with Coastal Expressions Photography for publication in a leading pinup magazine!
- Gifts from Beauty & Pin-Ups!
- Each contestant will receive a gift just for participating!
**Check back soon for more prizes and details!
ABOUT THE CONTEST:
- Only 10 ladies will be selected to participate in Perfect Pinup Wilmington.
- This year’s Perfect Pinup Wilmington theme will be Tiki. Each contestant will wear family-friendly appropriate outfits to best fit this theme. (No bathing suits or lingerie will be permitted. All outfits must be pre-approved should you be selected to be a contestant).
- Our emcee will be the one and only Joe Pepitone!
- There will be a brief question and answer portion. Each contestant will be asked a simple question about pinup, vintage or car kulture.
- Each contestant will be judged on her outfit, hair & makeup, posing, and how she achieves the pinup style overall.
- Additional points will be added to the contestant’s final score based on her fundraising efforts.
A pinup’s job is not complete unless she is doing something to better her community. Just as the real pinups provided support for our servicemen in various ways, it’s my personal belief that this should still hold true today.
A booth will be set up with 10 jars (one for each contestant) to collect tickets that will be sold at the booth. The tickets will be sold for $1 each, representing a vote for their favorite pinup, and a donation to Operation Pretty Things. The contestant who raises the most funds will receive extra points on her total score from the judges. No money raised will be shared with any contestant, myself, or anyone involved — it all will go 100% to Operation Pretty Things. Additionally, there is no limit on how many votes a person may purchase. Contestants may also purchase votes for themselves.
- Be present. Contestants must be available on the day of the event, for the entirety of the event.
- Appropriate attire is required. All outfits for the contest must be approved prior to the event.
- Remember, this is a family-friendly event. Swearing, drinking, or any suggestive behavior will result in disqualification.
- We are women who uplift each other. Any negative behavior or any bashing towards other contestants by you or your entourage will result in disqualification.
- Smile, have fun, and remember why you are here! You were CHOSEN to be a part of this contest, and you will get all day to shine, be glamorous, meet lots of other people, and help out a wonderful organization.
For more information about Rims on the River, please visit their website: www.rimsontheriver.com/
We hope to see you there!